Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I know that I am a little bit biased, but I have two of the sweetest girls in the world.


I also know that I am (probably) too hard on both of them, and I know that I (probably) get mad at them way too often. But, when I look at the two pictures below they both look so sweet and loving!!

I just wish that they could play nicely all the time and listen to their Mom & Dad!

That's not asking too much is it??


Sometimes I see the two of them fighting or arguing and I think back to when I was growing up and wonder how my two sisters and I ever survived each other! I can remember tormenting my sisters the exact same way my girls torment each other. I understand completely why the oldest child thinks that they need to annoy and bother their younger sibling (s). I can't believe that it's taken me almost 30 years and becoming a dad myself to realize that it was NOT ok to bother and torment my younger sisters!!


Hearing the phrases "Daddy she's following me!" or "Mommy she's putting her germs on me!" brings back many (too many) childhood memories for me.


And, somehow with all that tormenting and bothering I did to them growing up, my sisters still grew up to be the beautiful, caring, nurturing mothers they are today!

....Maybe it does build character, but now that I am a father, I would have to say no it does not!


Happy Mothers Day to my Mom and to my Sisters!

Sorry for all the misguided attempts at character building as a child!





HAPPY MOTHERS DAY AMANDA!

To celebrate Mothers Day, the girls and I bought Amanda an Autumn Blaze Maple Tree.

Here I am plating the tree in our backyard with the girls' help.





Only after we planted it, while doing a simple 'Google' search to see what an Autumn Blaze Maple tree usually looks like fully grown did I decide to replant the tree about ten feet further away from our house.

Apparently these trees typically grow 3-4 feet per year!











2 comments:

Clarence Rd Project said...

What a beautiful tree! I am going to have to see if it would work in our yard too! Thank you for your post...you weren't all that bad. I think my "baby" whining and ways were much worse! Happy mother's Day, Amanda!

Canadian Dreams said...

Beautiful girls, beautiful mother, beautiful pictures! If it is any consolation, I do not remember too much tormenting going on. Maybe the sisters remember more, but my memory is very foggy.
Can't wait to see you all! 57 more sleeps, but who's counting?