Sunday, May 16, 2010

Waiting for something to happen...

My five year old and I went for a wagon ride this evening and we did some exploring around our future property. The hole for the basement should be dug this week with footings being installed next week. Here is a picture from the very back (fence) of our new property.
I'm not too sure how much my five year old understood when I told her "Stand here, this is when the TV will be in our new home."
As my youngest daughter has said "Look Daddy, there's our dirt!"
The hole and footings for our neighbors house were completed this past week. According to our builder, our house building schedule is approximately one week after our neighbors.
By the way, these neighbors have become our "N.F.L's - Neighbors For Life".
They are also our current neighbors, believe it or not!!


The back-hoe or 'big digger' won't have to go too far to get to its next job.


The 'SOLD' sign finally went up on our house last Saturday.


I think our youngest is getting into the 'packing everything up' a little too seriously!!
At least she looks comfortable with her blankie!


I think that after this move I'm going to invest in the moving box and bubble wrap industry.
This isn't even half of the boxes!!

4 comments:

Canadian Dreams said...

Looks exciting! I must admit, I am a little nostalgic for "our room" in the basement of the sold house. Oh well - onward and upward! ( even though I won't be upstairs in the new house, I know!)

coryk said...

Hi all, congrats on getting the new house, must be fun planning the new items and layout. Are the girls excited? Are mom and dad?

I like the "extra large box", it does not seem much larger than the others but I supose it is the camera angle.

Say hi to everyone for us.

Cory and Everett.

Clarence Rd Project said...

So exciting! Our hole is not too far behind yours as well - should be any day now when the boys have some time to dig er up! Wish I could be there to help you guys pack - I secretly love it! Miss you and love you...

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that she said "there's our dirt!"...kids are fantastic, aren't they?